Saturday 12 February 2022

SALLY....PART 259....I AM NOW FULL OF SELF LOATHING !

 


Jonathan phoned me last week to ask if I still loved Mon Cheri Liquer Chocolates as he knew that I had sadly let myself down by buying EIGHT boxes of Thorntons chocolates for my birthday treat which I THOUGHT had hard ones in them but which ALL turned out to be absolutely YUK....like the ones nobody eats from the tin of Christmas Quality Street until two weeks later when they become desperate !

"How can anyone NOT love them ?" I replied !

"Well I haven't got you any but I have found something very close at M&S and I've bought you six boxes !"

"Lovely ! They'll do !"

Let me tell you this...they are GORGEOUS and I can eat all twenty one in a box in two sessions and now, not one week later I've just started my fifth box !



And that's after experimenting this afternoon with a number of  Chocolate Bourbons to see how long I could dunk one in hot coffee before it fell to pieces and I was left holding a soggy tip ! The answer was six seconds !


I am disgusted with myself but not as disgusted as my wife who is even more enraged because I never put on an ounce and my annual blood tests all come back with 'EXCELLENT' marks, despite my having been just one decimal point short of type two diabetes for the last ten years !

And the Thorntons ?

Shirley's had the lot !

No comments:

Post a Comment