Thursday 18 February 2021

SALLY....PART 241. "TROUBLE WITH YOUR OWLS MR. NASH ?"


I must admit that my hearing is not what it was and so when I was asked this morning whether I was having trouble with my owls I had to stop and think about that for a second !

The lady who asked me was speaking from behind her facemask and spoke in a quiet voice heavily laden with Geordie which I might have found hard to understand if she hadn't had a mask on and I could have seen her lips moving !

I looked beeseechingly first at her and then at the ceiling and then at her friend and then back to her before saying, "Owls ? I don't have any and wasn't planning on getting any so why do you ask ?"

Her friend groaned, as did the lady who then spoke louder and clearer to this evidently STUPID old man !

"I said BOWELS MR NASH, BOWELS !"

I then remembered I was lying on an examination bed about to have a CT Colonagraphy treat and tutting in a way I hoped she'd think meant that I was trying to bring humour to my terror replied, "Oh BOWELS ? No but then that's for you to find out isn't it ?"

The next few minutes were not the most pleasant I've ever experienced as enough carbon dioxide to launch several hot air balloons was 'introduced' to an unmentionable part of my body and I went very quiet for quite a while !



No comments:

Post a Comment