Friday 15 June 2018

SALLY...PART 204. POPPYCOCK !

YES ! THIS IS THE SHOT THAT GOT ME BANNED !
"WHAT have you done, written or posted to get you banned THIS time ?" Shirley snarled a couple of years ago when I got wiped from the Facebook page of a photographic group called Hidden Northumberland .

I was sat, staring shocked and feeling totally humiliated by some Admin's action ! I'd only joined the area's leading Group with it's twenty thousand Membership a couple of weeks before and had been basking in some of the Members enthusiastic response to my shots !

"I simply put on a shot of one of Northumberland's most iconic images and asked, tongue in cheek whether anyone knew where the four Gargoyle heads which had originally been on London Bridge were now on display and they banned me ! ME ! BANNED !"

She didn't even hand me a hanky to blow my nose and wipe away a tear but went straight in for the kill, "Serves you right ! You think you're funny and you're NOT ! How many times have I told you how unfunny you are ? I would have banned you myself ! These people are serious photographers and they don't want the likes of you as a Member ! Now forget it and concentrate on what you're good at which is making leather purses and NOT playing the guitar whilst accompanying your dreadful playing with your diabolical voice !"

Like old Steptoe I smirked to myself and immediately set up my own Facebook Photography Group which after a number of name changes is presently called 'POPPYCOCK' !

It has about four Members who contribute photos and insult me and a few more who simply insult me but it's been such fun that I can't let it go !

SO, if you want an unexpurgated, funny, non-banning, politically incorrect and getting more incorrect with every passing day Group, why not join us ? You don't have to be a photographer but it is after all a photographic Group and I don't care how good or bad your shots are or what the subject matter is...just post them !

No comments:

Post a Comment