Tuesday 13 March 2018

SALLY...PART 194. I DONE A BAD MURDER !!

Lying is never acceptable and although I didn't actually lie this morning I didn't tell the truth either, which is pathetic !

My grandson Dylan cooked a delicious chicken stirfry last night and despite being only twelve he made a great job of it !

I did the washing up and although we're staying at my daughter's house we never use the dishwasher which to us is an abomination and represents the height of decadence and laziness !

This morning I got it in the neck when Shirley put the washing up away and I must say somewhat over dramatically thrust a serving spoon in my face and pointed at the tiny bit of 'SOY SAUCE' still clinging to an edge !

"Might as well have done it myself!" she muttered as pieces of cutlery hit their respective compartments unnecessarily forcefully, I thought silently !

I chose not to tell her that it WASN'T Soy Sauce at all but Douwe Egbert's coffee !

You see, when I came down at 7am to put the kettle on I reached for that nasty nasty vacuum sealed jar they sell their granules in and grabbed for the top which instead of remaining stubbornly in place shot off like a rocket with a mountain of granules shooting out of the jar and landing in a heap on the damp worktop which I cleared with said spoon before inadequately rinsing it....obviously !

Had I told her what I'd done I'd have been in even more trouble for not having properly sealed the jar the previous evening !

OH and the disturbingly large lump in my neck which I've known about for a month and told no-one about, which I thought spelled the beginning of the end turned out to be nothing more than a common lipoma according to the Ultrasound I had this afternoon !

2 comments: