Friday 14 March 2014

Sally-part 136. NAKED HERO RESCUES TERRIFIED WILD CAT !

I was finally off Facebook and in bed reading Jack Dee's miserable account of his life and trying not to die laughing with Shirley's nightie stuffed up my T-shirt and lying on her side of the bed to get it to the right temperature for her as we are away from home looking after Dalai and Lama who are two cats born to hate each other with passion and there are no hot water bottles in this place !
DALAI THE OBESE CAT ON THE LEFT WHO EATS ALL HER OWN 'OBESITY MANAGEMENT' FOOD AND THEN LICKS THE TASTY JELLY OFF LAMA'S MUCH NICER TREATS ! This is not 'THE'window !
Dalai is ridiculously fat and has to have a glass of water placed on the floor by the bed so she can have a drink during the night ! The glass used to be placed under the bed so that she could drink in private but the company who moved my son's belongings to this new house broke the bed frame and Jonathan and I, well me really, further broke it when trying to reassemble it and now the mattress is on the floor until I get Jay's permission to drill a few holes through the outside of the otherwise flush-fitted timbers and use attractive bolts to put it together again. That's not a hard decision for a man to make BUT the lady of the house is a bit distraught about my despoiling the 'lines' !

GOD ! It's only a bed but Jay's a theatrical costumiere and insists on perfection and she's a bit wary of me as some shelves I previously put up for her fell off the wall and fixing her shower switch I reconnected the wires which also operated the bathroom fan the wrong way round which left them showering in freezing water in an Arctic blast !

Oh ! And then there was the incident when I connected their washing machine and dishwasher together and misunderstood which hose went where so their dishes got washed with water that had just washed their clothes !

Anyway, there I was drifting off to sleep having read the same sentence eight times when Shirley let out a scream and rushed in to get me, " David ! Come quickly ! There's a strange cat on the windowsill in the other bedroom ! This came out as 'DAVID!COMEQUICKLYTHERE'SASTRANGECATONTHEWINDOWSILLINTHEOTHERBEDROOM!

I tore out of bed pulling her nightie out of my T-shirt and without waiting to gather my thoughts ran through to the room where standing in full view of anyone wanting to see a todger from the street I peeped around the half drawn curtain to see little more than a half grown young cat sitting on the towel kindly positioned on the window sill for Dalai or Lama to sit comfortably on to view the world !

With Shirley half-hysterical with fear and firing a continual barrage of questions at me as to how it got there and her terror transferring immediately to me via the cat I held out a friendly hand to calm the beast down !

It YOWLED and climbed vertically up the rectangularly timbered  window, spitting and growling from just under the ceiling loudly enough to make the hair stand up on the head of a brave man, let alone me !

Still, I continued with, "There now, Puss Puss Puss after grabbing a blanket and climbing onto the windowsill to effect a rescue!"

It probably didn't help that Shirley was still going on a bit which unnerved me even a little more !

So standing with my old man pressed hard against the glass and reaching up for a hissing, spitting terrified creature I threw the blanket over it and in a dramatic leap grabbed it behind it's front legs, landing on the floor and running to the stairs in one gracefully athletic move !

The cat's four sets of claws were flailing at my nakedness and how I managed to drop it as it fought for it's life to escape the cover without it tearing my old man off I'll never know !

It flew through the house and out of the cat flap in the blink of an eye leaving the other two cats staring wild eyed after it !

I climbed back, well fell down into bed where I wasn't told that I'd once again been a hero !

I suppose I could have just 'Shooed' it out !

Last time it was a bat and you can read about that in Part 29 !




No comments:

Post a Comment