Sunday 9 January 2022

SALLY....PART 253....MY MOBILE PHONE NEARLY GOT ME KILLED WHILST DRIVING !

 


Everyone knows that I HATE mobile phones and refuse to buy one or carry one but somehow a child donated one and I'm forced to carry it in case I die so that whoever finds me can ring my wife who doesn't drive and won't be able to come and sort things out !

But it's got worse recently as she now tracks me and I really hate that because obviously at 72 I'm likely to be out on the razzle and would be bound to lie about it when I got home having been careful to remove all traces of blonde hairs from my clothing and any lingering perfume too !

I'm not stupid !

On my drive home this evening along the Western bypass having left home twelve hours before to go to market where I and my stock once again got soaked and then after three hours babysitting and conscietiously sitting behind a van doing 48 instead of the 50 the never ending road works permit I had my radio playing something soothing when it occured to me, and I chuckled to myself silently at the thought, to take a different route home to see if I got spotted and closely questioned and had I pulled out without checking my overtaking mirror to overtake the slow idiot in front of me before pulling off to take the Sandy Lane road I would have been wiped off the face of the earth by a police Volvo XC90 which appeared from absolutely nowhere doing at least a hundred and twenty and going too fast for me to hear its siren or focus on its very tiny blue flashing lights !

I didn't pull out with or without looking and didn't die but five minutes later the same vehicle or its twin but this time without lights or siren roared past me again doing the same speed !

So you see if I had been wiped out and the police had found my mobile phone they and everyone else would have undoubtedly thought I been on it, probably phoning ahead to make sure my tea was on and been terribly critical of me and both sympathetic and supportive of my wife whose actual fault my death would have been !

I don't think I can win, do you ?



No comments:

Post a Comment