Tuesday 4 January 2022

SALLY....PART 251....SURELY THIS TITANIC MUST ALSO SINK ?


 I once wasted forty quid by buying PLAY IT TODAY, a piano course which came in forty issues at £1 each fortnight !

It was or I was rubbish and I quickly gave up trying to learn to play ! Twenty years later I gave it to my daughter who did a bit better than me before she gave up too !

I am occasionally reminded of my folly by my wife who still thinks forty quid a fortune but how, I wonder, would she react if I insisted on building a replica of The Titanic which at £9:99 a fortnight for 140 issues of kit and magazine will add up to ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS !

Yes, someone out there in publishing land has decided that punters will shell out £1,400 to build a model of The Titanic over a period of SIX YEARS !

Or have I got my maths wrong ? No I haven't !

The advert for it keeps appearing so I presume someone must think that it'll sell like hot cakes whereas I feel it will sink like a stone !

Actually I have got a bit of the maths wrong because some months you get FOUR issues and with issue 130 you get a FREE display case !

If anyone does finish their model then if you send me a photograph of you standing beside it...and it will be about four feet long... I will get Hugo to sign a limited edition print of his Titanic drawing for you to frame and hang proudly above it !

No comments:

Post a Comment