Tuesday 13 November 2018

SALLY...PART 209. THAT'LL BE A BIG MAC AND FRIES SUPERSIZED PLEASE !

WHO WOULDN'T BE RELAXED AFTER THIS ?
We were driving back from EXACTLY one hour's frogmarch around the autumnal woods this afternoon when Shirley spotted the 309 stopping outside M&S to where we were heading because we had a '£5 off when you spend £30' voucher !

"I miss the bus journies we used to make when you were banned from driving !" Shirley said a quarter day dreaming and three quarters out of contempt !

I then had to slam on the brakes as some old bloke simply came to a halt right in front of me in the middle of nowhere whilst apparently wondering where he wanted to go !

"What do you mean by you miss the journeys ? You HATED the bus ! You HATED your fellow travellers ! Every journey was a nightmare of delays, suspended services, stinking humans and a fear of missing the bus back ! So what DO you mean ?"

"Well, for a start I didn't have to put up with your driving and your foul temper and your getting lost !"

"What do you mean my foul temper ? You mean when idiots stop in the middle of nowhere like that fool in front of us ? And it wouldn't drive YOU mad if you were a driver ? And what do you mean LOST ?"

"It's a young woman !"

"What do you mean it's a young woman ?" It's an old bloke !

"It's a young woman with shoulder length hair."

"It's an old man with long unwashed grey hair and GOD he's going to stop AGAIN ! Oh for ####'s SAKE ! Just where I was about to turn in to M&S !"

"OH GOD GIVE ME STRENGTH !" I yelled as I turned by mistake, slightly too early into the MacDonald's Car Park !

"Exactly what I was talking about !" Shirley smirked.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such beautiful scenery. I would love to find a place like that to find some relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen this....thankyou for enjoying it or at least the photos !

    ReplyDelete