Friday 8 November 2013

Sally-Part 124. NANNYING AGAIN IN EGYPT !

I am in pain from a pulled muscle at the bottom of my back caused by lifting my bag in the wrong way when I played golf yesterday and now I can barely stand up and so am going to spend the day sitting and being waited upon !

What darling ? I do that anyway ? That IS true actually !

It's really pathetic to watch me try to stand and walk and I now feel guilty about making Shirley cook my meals when her similar attacks have left her shouting out in an agony of Tourettian expletives !

FLYING OVER KOS GOING TO BOREDOM !

BORING !

BORING !

BORING !

BORING !

TEDIOUS !

BORING !

WHO COULD BE BOTHERED ?

JUST GET ME HOME !
A week ago today I was about to leave the 35*C heat of The Middle East and was facing a two hour wait in the airport before a six hour flight and then another one hour queue in England for passport control ! Yes ONE HOUR !

I was left on my own for half an hour in  a huge hall in Sharm airport whilst the others went to stare aghast at the ridiculously high prices in the Duty Free shop and order five slices of the most expensive pizza in the world !

I watched an armed guard standing nearby talking to two others about something seemingly important and with each of them talking earnestly into their walkie-talkies .

Suddenly they all started searching each of the three desks that stood in a row before them without finding whatever they were looking for and then staring at me and making me feel very insecure as the terminal is so large that I was literally sitting vulnerably on my own !

The boss one motioned an underling over to me with a very slight upward movement of his face and I felt immediately very unsafe and uncomfortable !

I sat up trying to look as undangerous as I could and as friendly as possible as the man motioned with his eyes towards the paper aeroplane I had made for my grandchildren and which we'd been flying around !

It was obvious from his actions of pretending to fly it that they wanted it !

I gave it to him not believing that I was about to watch three armed men playing aeroplanes and breathed again for the first time in three minutes !

He took it back to the others where the boss unfolded it and used it to write notes on as he talked into his phone !

Yes they had no spare paper in Sharm Airport !

The three men then went their separate ways leaving my aeroplane unfolded on the desk.

I knew that the children would wonder where their aeroplane was when they got back but daren't touch it until one of the guards walked back and I found myself thanking him for MY piece of paper !

I got it back though !

I have already refused to go on holiday with them again on the grounds that I was barely needed and I can't take the sun which burnt me on contact and made sunbathing unbearable but the real reason is that I can't stand the thought of spending another two weeks in such a beautiful place !



No comments:

Post a Comment