Friday 8 November 2013

Sally-Part 123. TAKE ME NOW GOD !

I am shortly going to reach my 65th birthday which is ridiculous in itself and I woke up thinking about my seemingly total lack of achievements !

I have a very few 'O' levels which took three attempts anyway and no 'A' levels, no Degree and no qualifications of any sort !

And yet by marrying a woman who had all these and was prepared to go out to work even whilst pregnant whilst I did very little I eventually got round to the position I'm now in which is being busier than anyone would believe by selling my own home-made leather bags and purses at just one weekly Sunday market !

I own my own home and have no debts whatsoever AND money in the bank !

BUT am I in a worse position than those who have all the qualifications imaginable, big houses, fast cars, second, third and even foreign homes, time-shares, investment portfolios and money pouring in from private pensions ?

Well the obvious answer is YES but actually I'm not and here's why :

I have been able to choose my working hours, go on holiday whenever I wanted, watch my children play in sports matches and been available as their taxi service when others have NOT !

Our real problem is having watched our parents die realising that our own time is rapidly running out and the end isn't that too far away, always hoping we can remain fit until the plug is pulled !

What I face is no different to what the richest and most successful people in the world face and many of them will have left a trail of emotional devastation for their children who would have led lonely lives shut away in some grotty boarding school.

I look at my own three and can't honestly say that they are happy with their lot despite a great education and Degrees and excellent jobs !

So actually I haven't done too badly and my kids will have to sort themselves out !

MY END !

PS. It's November the seventh and I've just read an invitation in Aldi's magazine to "Extend the Christmas spirit into your bathroom with our range of festive toilet rolls !"

Take me now God !

No comments:

Post a Comment