Thursday 23 February 2012

Sally - Part 4. IF ONLY!

If only I'd remembered to take my freshly charged camera I could have shown our attempt at Hawes to drive literally through a lake, stopping and reversing a quarter of a mile after I dared to refuse to pass a conked out BMW standing in two feet of fast running water.

"Look Shirl, this is only a Peugeot Partner, front wheel drive with a ground clearance of eight inches and the exhaust pipe is already submerged and it's me who will have to get you up onto the roof if we conk out, so please, just for once, let me make a decision! O.K?"

Shirley went unusually quiet, being unused to being stood up to and grunted "OK"  from between grinding teeth.

I think I probably gave her too much technical information for her to argue.

So eight hours later we arrived, exhausted but not starving as Shirley had thoughtfully packed a fruit shortcake biscuit each.

No comments:

Post a Comment