Thursday 31 December 2020

SALLY...PART 232. I CAN'T ACTUALLY REMEMBER EATING !

Did I eat and if so when did I eat what I can't remember eating ?

Did I have breakfast before I went to school and if I did who gave it to me and what was it ?

I know I was collected for lunch but what was I given before being taken back to school ?

I think I probably ate crumbs as I had no flesh on my bones and nor did my brothers until the youngest came along when I was ten and my mother took advantage of the newly opened Wimpy Bar and fattened him up on them and he went on to develop ulcerative colitis !

I remember sugar sandwiches ! Brilliant for a growing child eh ? And in a doctors house too ! Mind you my father had no breakfast, a cup of milky coffee at eleven after surgery and nothing until my mother eventually somehow managed to conjure up a plate of roast potatoes and cabbage at about eight in the evening which he mashed together into a mountain and ate with no meat whatsoever and probably whilst smoking one of the forty plus Players cigarettes he smoked every day and ruined my lungs with !

I have a keen sense of a treat being getting taken to a Southend on Sea cafe where we ate buttered toast washed down with Coca Cola !

So that's my childhood neatly set out in food for you !

There was no fish, no bacon, no Full English or kedgeree or anything containing goodness but I do remember that my father developed a large paunch so was he secretly eating out ?

I don't know but I DO know that when Shirley says that I MUST remember more, I DON'T !

Right so let's carry on next time with more things I have no memory of !

No comments:

Post a Comment