Friday 8 November 2013

Sally-Part 121. MILKING AN INJURY !

After a day and a half I'm nearly fully recovered from my pulled back muscle that has seen me unable to do anything but shout in agony whilst trying to stand up by first falling to the floor and then pulling myself upright using two dining chairs !

I WAS A SILLY MAN CARRYING SUCH A HEAVY BAG WITHOUT WARMING UP FIRST !
I could not bend from the waist to shave and literally could not lift my right leg at all without a huge jolt shooting through my hip and pelvis and boy do I appreciate good health and fitness now !

As a result my golf carry-bag is now redundant as it was the cause of my injury and although I only intend to use my pull along trolley from now on I fancy I might just get myself an electric one !

Or perhaps I should just give up golf altogether !

This evening I was secretly feeling so much better and was about to get up and offer to make myself and Shirley something to eat (which I would never do under normal circumstances as I do nothing but work, eat and sleep) when.....and it did coincide with the end of 'Emmerdale'....Shirley asked me if I was hungry and I replied that I'd LIKE to try and get up and make her something and managed to sound so pathetic that she said that it was too soon to risk restraining my repair and asked what I wanted !  Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk !

I managed between gasps to request an apple cut up and served with some Tsatziki, toast, cheese and a glass of wine, a cup of coffee and a bar of chocolate !

She did it cheerfully enough if you could say that deliberately banging plates, cutlery and doors amounted to cheerfulness before saying with a slight growl, " You know even MY milk of human kindness is starting to run out !"

I think that that might be the last of her compassion used up for some time !



No comments:

Post a Comment