Wednesday 19 November 2014

Sally-part 146. 'TWAS A SPIDER NOT MOULD ON THE CEILING OF SHIRLEY'S BATHROOM !

I DID NOT OPEN THAT WINDOW !

Whilst I was finishing off my last Blog, Shirley asked if I could go in and clean the ceiling of 'her' caravan bathroom !
To all you foreigners........Now THIS is what a 'caravan' is over here ! Ours sits high above Wigtown Bay in South West Scotland and here's the highly skilled man I paid to paint the decking painting the decking !
'Mine' is the larger of the two and frankly no couple should have to live with only one !
And this my friends is a typically glorious sunset seen from our decking !
She said that there appeared to be a light covering of mould which would only get worse over the coming winter months when we wouldn't be visiting .

So in I went, mixed up a mild bleach solution in the smallest sink in the world and dipping in my kitchen towel was about to start wiping when I spied a spider weaving it's web across the entire surface .
I've trawled through the internet and this is as near as I can get to what I let climb onto my hand before blowing it out of the window !

This web was in fact the 'mould' that Shirley had seen !

Anyway, opening the window wide I introduced the spider to the outside world and carried on cleaning the place despite the lack of mould because after eight years I thought it was about time to wipe over ledges and blinds and things like that that had gathered a small amount of dust !
OK so I admit it wasn't really a Redback but it was this real MONSTER !
I sat back down to edit my last post and felt a cold breeze and when Shirley saw me looking around, just before her first snooze of several, asked what was up .

I said that there was a strong cold breeze which was surprising as all the windows were shut and carried on writing.

Shirley came back from inspecting my cleaning project and said that she'd closed the bathroom window as that was the likely source of the cold air.

"Well I'd already closed it when I found it open when I went in to clean the ceiling !" I said, confused !

"Well I didn't open it and in fact haven't even been in there this morning as I used your bathroom  !"

"You used my bathroom ? Why would you do that ?"

"It's closer to the bedroom and if you didn't open it and I certainly didn't then that means it was open all last night and a burglar could have gotten in and taken all or valuables you idiot ! You're in charge of locking the place up at night !"

"I never go in your bathroom so I wouldn't have known the window was open so you should have closed it yourself and so I'm not the idiot am I ?"

"You're always an idiot and if you want any dinner you'd better apologise for calling me one !"

"I don't see why I SHOULD apologise as I didn't actually say you were an idiot did I ?"

"Do you want any dinner or not ?"

"OK ! I'm sorry ! What's for dinner ?"

"I'll tell you what though !" Shirley said as the mood returned to calm...for us anyway, "If neither of us can remember opening the window it's a bit worrying isn't it ?"

"Ah don't worry about it ! We're just getting older that's all ! Hey ! Guess what ? When I went in to clean the ceiling there was a spider weaving a web right across the place so I got rid of it before I started "!

"What did you do with it ? Not down the toilet ? "

"No No ! I put it out the window !"

Perhaps it's the cold that's affecting me or I really am getting old !


No comments:

Post a Comment